Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Birthday Boy

Knowing that Seth may have to work late tomorrow, we made a split decision to celebrate Andrew's 1st birthday tonight. Let's just called this a failed attempt. Thankfully he will never have the pain of remembering this day or the horrible tune to our voices, though it will be documented forever in this blog.


As you can see, I baked some cupcakes for AJ. While he still isn't eating solid food (well, any food for that matter) I thought this may entice him for his first 'meal'. As you already witnessed, he wasn't very thrilled. Actually, he was appalled.


Ben, on the other hand, was lapping it up.



Earlier in the week I took Ben to the store and told him he could pick ANY balloon for AJ's birthday. You can imagine my horror when he selected this one- mostly because it was the largest and most expensive one they had!


AJ did, however, like his [unwrapped] present. While AJ was occupied, Ben took the liberty of opening the rest of his gifts from family. All in all, I give the birthday 'party' a D minus.





5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! How can it be that Andrew is already ONE?! The video is classic - happy birthday buddy!!

    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most hilarious thing I have ever read and watched....I LOVE THAT BALLOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I am sure that AJ appreciated Ben's help, but in the future that will probably cause a fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday AJ!!!! It looks like a super fun party to me! I love the balloon! Those cupcakes look good (says the pregnant woman)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love that Ben took the liberty of eating his cupcake mid song! so cute...happy birthday Andrew.
    love your cousins harry julia and kate

    ReplyDelete