Monday, May 17, 2010

Mommy's Helper

For those of you who do not already know, our new house has beautiful landscaping. In addition to lush greenery and flowers we have an English rose garden, vegetable garden and herb garden. I can only take credit for not yet killing any of these plants as the previous owner planted most everything. I take pleasure in making daily flower arrangements from the assortment of fresh flowers.








Last week I took Ben with me to Lowes for a few gardening items. I let him pick out some seeds to plant in our garden. He selected pumpkins and sunflowers. Yesterday I let him come out and help dig and plant what he thought were the seeds (they were actually pink jellybeans) - I had planted the seeds the previous day as I couldn't trust they'd ever grow otherwise!








Ben was so thrilled at the idea of digging and watering he decided to water just about every plant he could see... including the weeds!





Ben is excited to have his own sunflower collection just like Big Bird! We will post periodic updates of Ben's sunflowers and pumpkins if they ever decide to sprout!

1 comment:

  1. I have total yard envy. I love the jelly bean idea, I will need to try that.

    -jessica

    ReplyDelete