Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Fun!

This past weekend was jam packed full of fun! Ben started out his Saturday at Little Kickers. (Seth has been taking Ben to soccer for a few weeks now, he seems to 'get' enough to kick the ball but that is as far as he gets). Here is a video I took on his first day back in September.

I then whisked Ben over to a little Munchkin Halloween Party, hosted by Owen & Reed. I attempted at making Popcorn Balls which really just resulted in Corn Syrup being stuck all over the kitchen. Ben made himself comfortable as usual by hoarding all of Owen's toys. Here is a great photo that sums up the morning in a nutshell!

While I had the opportunity, I dressed the boys up for a quick photo shoot before dinner. Ben wore the most fitting outfit for him these days, and AJ was cooperative enough to put on a costume we borrowed from Owen. I figured I would have less of a chance of Ben taking a shot at AJ if he were wearing something pleasing to his eye (which, by the way, Ben did snuggle the costume earlier in the week whenever he had the chance).







Then Uncle Jon & Aunt Cori came over to join the fun and take Ben Trick or Treating! While it was raining when we left the house, it managed to clear up before we got to the end of the 2nd house.



The perfect ending to the night was a trip to Chipotle. Jon may be their #1 fan and convinced me to don a tin foil hat (made especially by Seth) to get myself a free Burrito! Even Ben seemed amused by my crown!



Lastly, we told Ben the story of the 'Great Pumpkin' who would surprise him Sunday morning with a present, in exchange for all his candy (which Mommy & Daddy would secretly eat). It was our way of minimizing the meltdowns when all his candy disappeared since he can't eat most of it anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures Lisa! I love the story of the Great Pumpkin... gotta remember that one next year for Ellie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too clever, 1st for making AJ dress as Ben's most cherished toy and 2nd for exchanging the candy for a gift. Hopefully I will remember that for the future!Glad you had a fun Halloween :o).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots as always. Ben was a handsome devil & AJ just keeps getting cuter & cuter!

    ReplyDelete